arrears and custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

magareb

my son's mom just rec'd temporary custody of our son. She still owes arrears upwards of 20k. the angle she is using is because she either thinks or knows she wouldn't have to pay arrears if she has custody. is this true?

she will still owe the arrears. Why did she get custody? They will hopefully deduct the CS she owes out of the arrearage if she gets custody.

Do you have an attorney?

To Duranie and others please respond

I became very sick and stressed over this situation. His mom has totally manipulated this. I don't know what you mean by deduct cs from arrearage. No I don't have an attorney(at least not yet). She went with (in this order mind you) my household has gone through a change in that i recenlty got married and our son has to share a bedroom with his stepbrother and step sister and that i mentally and physically abuse.

The thing is I have a reward system. Your report card is like a paycheck.

80-84=$100
85-89=$150
90-94=$200
95+ =whatever you want within reason

my step daughter is an honor roll student(12yrs old) and she loves the challenge as well as the reward.
My son(now 16) doesn't work as hard as he should yet wants to be rewarded or have the priviliges of someone being responsible to this effect. His mom let's him hang out though she knows i have not changed his curfew because his academic responsibilities have not warranted it. Nevertheless, she feels that getting him will stop her from having to pay back cs and he gets to seemingly do what he wants when this is all over. I have had himsince he was 2.5 so that should tell you a little something about her and yes I had sole custody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back