Are we set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heloc

My husband is quite ill. I'm wife #4. #3 died leaving her 36 yr old only daughter, by a previous marriage, who was adopted at age 3 by my husband, thinking that what should have happened was that husband would die and daughter and daughter's husband would come to nice home in Central CA to care for her and when she died, the young ones would get house. That didn't happen. Wife #3 died and husband married me. Though daughter ignored her dad for over a year, not giving any assistance with his recovery from bypass surgery, at the first hint that he and I intended marriage, she flew into a rage and insisted on seeing a copy of her mom's will. (She has received two cars from my husband and in the past was constantly being given cash. My husband basically supported her and her husband for over 12 years, and helped set them up in a business). She then refused to speak to us for about 2 years. We have moved back to my hometown, where daughter lives, and are renting out the house in question. We have no savings. Wife #3 spent all of it on herself and daughter, even convincing husband to delay payment of property taxes (a provision by the state they were eligible for). Now we have to pay back this lien. He will cash the life insurance he wanted to leave to me to pay it. We are renting here. He put me on title of house and also created a legal will that states that I get house. I am also executrix of will and DPA agent. He does not want daughter to get the house. He is constantly worried that she will somehow be able to. What can you tell me to put his mind at ease?

You should speak with a local attorney about all of this. Isn't this too important for free advice?

Besides, the initial consultation is usually free.

I'll try to give you limited advice.

How long have you been married?
What is your state of residence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back