Are they still married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabra01

In 1981, my parents got married in Mexico then they came to the United States where they came to make a life for themselves. They two kids and then my father went to Mexico. He later returned in 1984, just to get my mom pregnant and this time he left for good. My question that I want answer is are they still married regardless of their past history together? If one of my parents should happened to get married; Is that marriage legal? Now in present date my father will possibly want to remarry again since the death of his second wife. I also want to know if my mom is entitled to any back pay child support or alimony for the 3 kids he fathered. If so, how can she go about doing that?

Unless your parents got a divorce, they are still married. Any subsequent marriages are/were invalid. Is it possible that your father divorced in Mexico?

If your mother filed for child support at any time before the children reached the age of majority (18 for most states), then she can still collect the back support. If she never filed, then it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back