Are these reasonable fees & terms for a lawyer to help with LLC?

Pipan

Jurisdiction
Texas
Hello

For formation of a new start-up LLC that will have only one or maximum 2 members (at least for now), a lawyers is going to charge me: $1995. The location of both business and lawyer is in Austin, TX. The lawyer works from home. The service will be as following, and will the above fee will include the filing fees to the State of Texas to file the Certificate of Formation ($300).

"" Ascertaining name availability, drafting the Certificate of Formation, drafting the Company Agreement of the company, drafting the Organizational Minutes of Members, Drafting a detailed Client Memorandum discussing operation as a limited liability company, holding the organizational meeting, and filing the Certificate of Formation and reasonable telephone consultation concerning operation as a limited liability company, not to exceed one hour during the first month after formation.

Also, the hourly rate for additional services in connection with a limited liability company formation, assuming minimal securities compliance is involved, is two hundred ninety-five dollars ($295.00) an hour for attorney services and one hundred $125.00 an hour for legal assistant and law clerk services or in lieu of an hourly rate, a project fee to be agreed upon in advance of the commencement of such services. ""

I could not find the lawyer's review, but found his profile on Linkedin.
Are these reasonable fee and terms?
Also if the lawyer works from home, can it be typically not a good sign?

Any input you have is appreciated.

Thank you.

Pipan

Last edited:
Are these reasonable fee and terms?

Why the opinion of an anonymous stranger on the internet about this would matter to you is beyond me. I suggest contacting some other lawyers in the area and comparing prices.

Also if the lawyer works from home, can it be typically not a good sign?

Huh? If you're asking whether the fact that a lawyer works from home is a reliable indicator of the quality of services he provides, the answer is no.

Back