Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Are police allowed to drive away in my car after arresting me

K

Kylie

Jurisdiction
Australia
Can the police after 6 months phone taps wait til we leave our home and swarm us in public carpark at gunpoint not tell us why we are being arrested whilst they search our vehicle find nothing then at same time search our home they take us to station aftrr informing us of trafficking charges .the police then drove our car witnesses seen them drive it like they stole it so to speak . Once they got it back to our home further searched car to find 14g of ice they took 6thousand from home and a small amount of fantasy they returned 1 month later to search again finding 1 point og ice and pipes that they left behind the first time i asked that they record the entire time anyone was in my house as i was made to wait outside whilst they searched they refused to film until aftrr they had searched and then breifly filmed over ....is this all above board

Can the police after 6 months phone taps wait til we leave our home and swarm us in public carpark at gunpoint not tell us why we are being arrested whilst they search our vehicle find nothing then at same time search our home they take us to station aftrr informing us of trafficking charges .the police then drove our car witnesses seen them drive it like they stole it so to speak . Once they got it back to our home further searched car to find 14g of ice they took 6thousand from home and a small amount of fantasy they returned 1 month later to search again finding 1 point og ice and pipes that they left behind the first time i asked that they record the entire time anyone was in my house as i was made to wait outside whilst they searched they refused to film until aftrr they had searched and then breifly filmed over ....is this all above board

Fortunately for you, mate, I am a member of the Australian federal bar and the ACT, holding the QC designation.
However, I don't need to be a QC to tell you that the action you describe will be ruled legal and just.

The police in OZ are quite restrained compared to those in the US, on par with those ever so pleasant Constables in the UK.

What you describe is best left for your solicitor, or barrister to address in court.

I suspect the police know much more than has been revealed to you, mate.

In Australia, the UK, or the US; time to lawyer up and shut up.

Back