Are Links on Website a Without Permission Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debby

Hello, this website is so helpful, I could stay on it all night! Could you please answer a question for me? I am in the process of building a website, and it will be mainly a collection of links that I have found on the net, such as various freebies, informative information, fun sites, plus some of my affiliate links and ebooks.

Is it legal to post these links if I don't have permission? If it is illegal, would it be legal to have a message board where visitors posted links to freebies found on the net? I have seen many freebie message boards/forums like this. Thank you so much for any advice you can give!

Regards,

Debby

This is not legal Advice!

Your question: as to the linking of one web address to another.

In most cases websites in general have an affiliate programs where you can have there site as a link, I could not see why you would want to add a link without the owner's permission? Unless it was something that, you know they would not like.

Most of the big sites will normally allow you to link after they have checked out your site for content. for example: try the big name in online auctions at the moment they have affiliate programs and lots of policy's to mull over.

I hope this information has helped you and we wish you good luck.

Take care

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back