Are judges above the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pura_puresa

:mad:
In s.f.superior court i appealed an U.D. to the Appellate Division. They affirmed the first judgement. It took almost a year. All evidence,THE LAW is in my favor. I'm devastated that the judges in the appellate panel (who are trial judges collegues) affirmed judgement when THE LAW is 100% on my side. Can I appeal to Court of Appeals? Who or where can i compain to about judges taking care of each other? This is a serious matter. I was wrongfully evicted from my home of over 40 years with 3 children. We were homeless and i lost a lifetime of personal property. Can i get some JUSTICE?

Are judges above the law? Hmmm, I used to think I was. Just joking!

You asked, "Can I get some justice?"
I'd like to think everyone does.
I know you'll get your day in court, if you seek it.

Okay, back to YOUR issues.
Yes, you can appeal your case as far as you wish.
If you don't have the funds, you can get the fees waived by filing in forma pauperis, as an indigent.

California has a judiciary commission that monitors the behavior of judges.
Here is their website:
http://cjp.ca.gov/index.php?id=16

How Do I File a Complaint?

Complaints must be in writing. You may use the Commission's COMPLAINT FORM or write a letter to the Commission. Electronic filing of complaints is not available; complaints must be submitted to the commission office:

COMMISSION ON JUDICIAL PERFORMANCE
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 14400
San Francisco, California 94102

If your complaint is about a subordinate judicial officer (an attorney employed by the court to serve as a court commissioner or referee), your complaint must first be directed to the court in which the subordinate judicial officer sits.
What Should Be in My Complaint?

* The name of the judge, court commissioner or referee.
* The court in which the judicial officer sits.
* A detailed description of the action or behavior that you believe is misconduct.*
* The names and telephone numbers of any witnesses to the events described.
* The date or dates on which the conduct occurred.
* The type of court case involved and your relationship to the case.
* If your complaint is about a court commissioner or referee, provide copies of your
correspondence to and from the local court.

* A complaint should not simply state conclusions, such as "the judge was rude" or "the judge was biased." Instead, the complaint should fully describe what the judicial officer did and said. If a court document or an audio or video tape evidences the misconduct, you may submit a copy (do not send original documents) or mention it in your complaint.
What Types of Conduct Does the Commission Investigate?

Some examples of judicial misconduct are improper demeanor, failure to disqualify when the law requires, receipt of information about a case outside the presence of one party, abuse of contempt or sanctions, and delay in decision-making. Discipline has been categorized by Types of Misconduct.

What if I Think the Judge's Ruling Was Wrong?

An error in a judge's decision or ruling, by itself, is not misconduct. Appeal may be the only remedy for such an error, or there may be no remedy. The Commission is not an appellate court. The Commission's authority is limited by law to investigating the complaint and, if appropriate, imposing discipline. The Commission does not have the authority to change a judge's decision or ruling or to issue orders in any case, including ordering anyone to be released from jail, granting a new trial, disqualifying a judge from hearing a case, assigning a new judge to a case, or granting or changing custody, visitation or child support orders. Neither the Commission nor its staff is authorized to give legal advice or respond to requests for assistance with individual legal matters.

Last edited:
Did you try Tenants together in SF? I don't know if you had an attorney ,or if you represented yourself. But they may be able to assist.. also a local legal aid center.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back