Are English persons legally viewed as corporations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan2904

Hi, I really hope that you can help me on this one in that it is either conspiracy theory or fact, I would like to ask you if an Englishman is viewed as a corporation as I am led to believe an American person is as it is clearly stated in Blacks law dictionary under :person, and if this is true, why? Did the United Kingdom file for bankruptcy aswell as the USA? And if this is true do our birth certificate numbers refer to a stock which is on the stock exchange?

I'm not sure what version of Black's you are using, but here's what I found for, "Person" ...

What is PERSON?
A man considered according to the rank he holds in society, with all the rights to which the place he holds entitles him, and the duties which it imposes. 1 Bouv. Inst. no. 137. A human being considered as capable of having rights and of being charged with duties; while a "thing" is the object over which rights may be exercised.

Law Dictionary: What is PERSON? definition of PERSON (Black's Law Dictionary)

Maybe you were looking up "Artificial Person" or "Legal Entity."

I cannot say what the UK defines a person as, but, I doubt it is what you want it to be.

I'm not sure what version of Black's you are using, but here's what I found for, "Person" ...

What is PERSON?
A man considered according to the rank he holds in society, with all the rights to which the place he holds entitles him, and the duties which it imposes. 1 Bouv. Inst. no. 137. A human being considered as capable of having rights and of being charged with duties; while a "thing" is the object over which rights may be exercised.

Law Dictionary: What is PERSON? definition of PERSON (Black's Law Dictionary)

Maybe you were looking up "Artificial Person" or "Legal Entity."

I cannot say what the UK defines a person as, but, I doubt it is what you want it to be.

Now I'm certainly not here to cause any trouble, merely for clarification on a matter of which I have taken an interest in and I take it from your choice of words to me that you believe I want to believe that something is true, that is not true... I am simply trying to decipher wether or not I have stumbled upon a conspiracy theory or a very real and shocking truth that I am in fact a slave of my government which is possibly a private (for profit) company to which I pay 80% of everything I earn. Below is the definition of a person which came from the dictionary contained within the app on my phone called "thelaw.com" and funnily enough it is through this very app that I joined your forum, I'm sorry that I failed to notice that your forum was not for British people so I shall seek my advice elsewhere.

Without Prejudice
Daniel Grant

Under law, it is an entity that is recognized as an individual that has rights in its existence, capable of suing and being sued, to enter into contracts, to appear in court as well as other powers that are generally available to any recognized entity under law. At times a person may also refer to a corporation.

Again, if you think that some definition or another is going to make you exempt from some legal process either in the UK or elsewhere, you are mistaken. We have a "sovereign citizen" movement here that tries this falderall all the time. They tend to hang their collective hats on fallacious arguments, court decisions about a century old, and redacted and summarized legal opinions that often don't refer to what they want it to refer to. I suspect the UK version of this movement will run into the same common sense and legal wall that our homegrown folks have.

You do not have to like your government, or the laws they pass. But, you will be subject to them unless you work to change them. If you are seeking some means by which you can claim not to be an entity covered by the law, you're in for a wee bit of disappointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back