Apprenticeship/ layed off or fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

stopjoshr

in december of 07 i was "hired" as an installation company as an apprentice. the owner of the company told me i was to give him half of my pay check because apprentice was supose to make 15$ and hour but i was making 24.25$ and hr which was what some one with a liscence was making. now he never gave me paper work to fill out to get my apprentice card. so i never game him the money. the foreman on the job for this company had told me that you were allowed to come in at a decent time just as long as you did your 8 hours and did work. then i have military obligations one weekend into a monday. i show up on a tuesday and they fired me i called the boss and told him that it was rediculous and i was just following what i was told by the boss on the construction site. and that i had military obligations for the second time, he tells me he has never heard of reserviest working on a monday annd that i was late every day. i told him what i was told, he allowed me to return to work. for about a week or two which would end the project he went me home to wait for the next job. i called him every day for two weeks to find out when and where, he told me that the supplies were not in yet and that he would call me. the next day he calls and goes okay your going to this place the supplies are there and be there at this time to meet this person and hangs up. about 5 mins later her calls back and goes oh hey sorry but the state won't allow me to have more unexperince guys than experinced and hung up.

now i he has maybe 1 experinced guy who is liscened and about 5 or 6 unliscened guys working for him.

was this a wrongful fire and can i take him to court because i lost that job i have fall in a great financial ruin. esp when he had me waiting for him to get back to me about work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back