Applying for Disability/SSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstennant

(I'm not sure where to place this posting)

I have been struggling my entire life with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and severe depression/ manic dpression. I applied for SSI in January since I have not worked enough to apply for disability. I was turned down the first time within 2 weeks. I appealed a little over a month ago. I have been contacted by the person who is in charge of processing my case. They are wanting the medical records from my early teens now. They didn't ask for this the first time I applied. (Why, I dont know). And they got another copy of the records from my current psychiatrist and therapist. Does anyone think that maybe this is making my chances of getting approved for SSI better since they will now have proof that it has been something that I have delt with since at least my early teens? How far back would they go with back pay if I would be approved since they have proof that I have struggled with this my whole life. Is $672 really the limit on how much I can receive a month? (Not trying to sound greedy just trying to figure out how to pay the bills) Thanks for any advice someone could give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back