appealing a divorce decree

Status
Not open for further replies.

thezuu

Due to factors weighing into my divorce is it at all possible to appeal a decision in a divorce settlement? are there any limits on an appeal and how long does one have to appeal a decree once it has been signed and heard from a judge? i was wondering if i have any case in taking my ex back to court over things even though the divorce is final. can she take me back to court for anything above and beyond the final decree of dissolution? the divorce was in washington state and i cannot find any help in finding out if there are ways around this.

http://www.wsba.org/media/publications/pamphlets/Dissolution.htm
Division of Property

There is no fixed method for determining how property should be divided. In Washington, all assets — real and personal, tangible and intangible — are available for distribution. As a community-property state, Washington laws provide for "just and equitable" division of property acquired during a marriage; it does not necessarily require an equal division. Under some circumstances, the court may also apportion separate (or individual) property.

If the husband and wife negotiate an agreement, the court will probably approve it. If no settlement is reached, the court will decide how to divide the property. Property settlement agreements are binding and generally cannot be modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back