Appeal civil stalking in Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

civilstalking

You're probably not familiar with "civil stalking" laws in Oregon. Most are not. They are very prejudice and rather insane to say the least. Many local attorneys are claiming that more than half are being used as a sword rather than a shield in that women are using them to hurt men they have a grudge against. The ACLU calls civil stalking in Oregon "an evil".

The civil stalking case against me was upheld. The Judge said, because a year and half ago I sent her an email in response to her emails "wanna have sex". I responded "I'd rather choke you than make love to you", this was after she brought a man to my house and they threatened my life and slashed my tires. She admits there's never been any violence between us except for when she brought two separate men to my house on two separate occasions. One man, mentioned earlier, was found guilty of harassment against me. She also admits the last contact, between us, was 8 months ago when she flipped me off in public and followed me home then came back later with that second man, a couple days later I found my car was keyed! I have police reports and she admits to these things in court! So because I sent emails to her a year and a half ago and even though she is stalking me and committing crimes against me, I'm the "civil stalker". There are no cops involved and no DA, no crimes to answer to, only one judge who labels you a stalker for life...crazy! I need to appeal this or? I read there are other options. I think I only have 12 more days to do so. If you think you can help me, please respond.

You're probably not familiar with "civil stalking" laws in Oregon. Most are not. They are very prejudice and rather insane to say the least. Many local attorneys are claiming that more than half are being used as a sword rather than a shield in that women are using them to hurt men they have a grudge against. The ACLU calls civil stalking in Oregon "an evil".

The civil stalking case against me was upheld. The Judge said, because a year and half ago I sent her an email in response to her emails "wanna have sex". I responded "I'd rather choke you than make love to you", this was after she brought a man to my house and they threatened my life and slashed my tires. She admits there's never been any violence between us except for when she brought two separate men to my house on two separate occasions. One man, mentioned earlier, was found guilty of harassment against me. She also admits the last contact, between us, was 8 months ago when she flipped me off in public and followed me home then came back later with that second man, a couple days later I found my car was keyed! I have police reports and she admits to these things in court! So because I sent emails to her a year and a half ago and even though she is stalking me and committing crimes against me, I'm the "civil stalker". There are no cops involved and no DA, no crimes to answer to, only one judge who labels you a stalker for life...crazy! I need to appeal this or? I read there are other options. I think I only have 12 more days to do so. If you think you can help me, please respond.

We don't form attorney-client relationships here.

You can use the site to find a lawyer, under the lawyer referral section.

Otherwise, we give you practical, as opposed to legal advice, as we do not wish to form attorney-clent relationships for a myriad of reasons.

That said, you should investigate hiring a lawyer.

You should also recognize that you aren't required to respond to every bit of chatter and nonsense sent to you.

Your response as recited above was at worse inappropriate and set you up for a big fall.

However, a restraining order isn't the end of the world.

It is actually a good thing, because it keeps you away from her, and her away from you.

If I were you, I'd simply obey the legal order, and if she violates it; I'd so inform the police and/or the courts.

Why bother having it lifted?

You haven't lost anything in the process.

It isn't a criminal conviction, its a blessing.

Its obvious you don't like her, and she dislikes you; so just stay away from her.

If that bothers you, hire a lawyer and see what he or she can do about having the order lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back