Apartment used to be a meth house, and black mold in ac system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelman1601

I lived in duplex apartment for six months; started getting sick in various ways after two weeks; Doctors couldn't figure it out! Breathing problems, heart racing, memory lapses, aches, vision problems, hair loss, constant itching, rashes!
Ended up with a Brunswick police officer telling me that he had been on the bust when meth was being "cooked" in the apartment!
The landlord, an attorney, was completely aware of it, and did no abatement whatsoever! I then ordered a meth contamination test kit, which turned out positive, and then a friend also suggested that i get a mold test kit! It was positive for black mold!
I had told the landlord about a "smell" in the apartment, and his excuse was that it was an old house, converted! It smelled like sewage at times, and turns out there was raw sewage flowing under the house and the smell was coming into the house through the drains, and where grout was missing around the tub!
My 5 year old German Shepherd Service Dog was getting sick, as well, with, most of the same symptoms!
The landlord's legal secretary lived in the other part of the duplex, but her apt had been completely renovated including floor, wall, etc removal and completely redone!
I called the county building inspector and he cited the landlord on 13 counts!
I notified the landlord that i was moving, and he said if i didn't give him 30 days notice i would lose my deposit of $550; i am disabled and on a fixed income and couldn't afford to lose that much money, so i told him he could consider my deposit my last months rent and proceeded to move!
My doctors put me on steroids and antibiotics for a full month, and my vet did the same for my service dog! After about 3 weeks we were both better but continue to have breathing and memory problems, but at least are alive!
What recourse do i have against this "slum lord" who is an attorney?

I don't know if you realize, but the symptoms you describe are typical of addicts of methamphetamine. If your exposure to the drug has caused health problems that are documented then you will surely want to discuss all of this with a local attorney who can get into the details.

This man is an Attorney here, and the "good old boy's network" applies here! I guess i need to get an out of town attorney! Any suggestions?

You might contact your state bar assoc. for an out of town referral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back