Apartment parking/damage by another tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizonte

I live in this apartment complex for 4 yrs., same parking spot and never had a similar problem. About 6 months ago a woman with a big SUV got a parking spot next to me and is hitting my car with her car doors constantly, so I have black marks on my white car. Talked to her several months ago, politely asking not to hit my car, she told me it was not her problem, as the parking spots are too small. I crubbed off the spots, hoping she might be more carefull, but got them again and again. Complained to the management, they talked to her, nothing happened. Once I was not able to access my parking spot, knocked at her door and asked her to park her car properly. She would not say a word, but re-parked the car. Those were the only two direct interactions with her. A couple of days ago I went to the management to report the constant scuffings to my car and when they contacted her, she said that I am verbally abusive to her and that she will call the police. Her claim is absolutely insubstantiated, as I talked to her only twice, as stated above, and was very polite. The management is offering a different parking space for an additional monthly fee to either of us, but she is not interested.
My car always fitted the parking space v/o problems and I do not want to pay an additional fee. The apt. management is not pro-active in this situation, they told me to talk to my car insurance, which does not address this problem, as she and her kids hit constantly my car when going in and out from her car.
What kind of recourse do I have and where? Thank you.

Go get an estimate on the cost to get the dings fixed and give her the bill. Let her know if she does not pay, you will take her to court.

The parking space being too small is a lame excuse. She is still responsible if her or her kids hit your car. Her vehicle is too big and maybe she should park elsewhere since she doesnt seem to care what damage she causes.

Repair your car, take pictures of your car and hers in stall as well as damage. Document all times you contacted her and mangement and results. Then sue her for damages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back