Apartment Damages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin929

I was wondering on what a apartment complex can do for damages that were done by one of the roommates dogs and her boyfriend. The carpet was ruined by the dog and the boyfriend put a hole in the wall one night. We never got our deposit back and now the credit collectors keep calling saying my fiancée still owes $500 on top of not getting the deposit back. Their lease was up a couple months ago and she never got a letter that we know of she has moved a couple times since then but she has changed her address at the post office both times she moved. I was wondering if there was anything that could be done so she doesn't have to pay for something she had no control over. Thank you.

The person named on the lease, making the deposit takes the hit if they allow others to damage the apartment SHE rented. All SHE can do now is keep hiding and running, hoping the collector scavengers won't find her, sue her, and levy against her wages. In Florida, that's not easy. But, she'll have trouble renting a decent apartment in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back