Apartment closed from Board of Health

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawalsh

I moved into an apartment in Dec of 2008, the house the apartment is in was just closed down by the board of health because the landlord had knowingly rented 2 illegal apartments within the house. This was not her 1st time doing this. Is she obligated to give back all monies she recieved from me for rent since she knew there was a risk of the whole house being shut down. My apartment was not 1 of the illegal ones. I was not aware there was illegal apartments in the house or else I would not have moved in there with my children, just for us to be kicked out by the city without notice.

Does anyone out there know of what actions I can take on this matter. I have recetnly contacted the landlord about my security deposit and she told me she would give me half of it back to help me out that she does not have my full deposit. I was also informed by someone, but not sure how true it is, that she should have put my family up in a place until I found a new apartment or she should have helped me find a new place. She did however put my family in a hotel for 2 days then told me we had to make other arraingments that she was not going to pay for it any more, that I needed to find a place to go. If it helps I am located in Massachusetts. I would appreciate any help or advice thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back