Anyway to avoid SR22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vh81

First off my husband and I both got laid off in May. After 3 months of searching we both found part time jobs in August. However no jobs equals no money equals no insurance. On his second day back to work he was pulled over, and got a ticket for no insurance (we don't currently drive that car anymore.) Our lawyer is asking for proof of insurance which we don't have. We now have insurance on our other car. We aren't irresponsibe, just victims of circumstance, and I am hoping that there is some way to avoid him having to have an SR22.

vh81 said:
First off my husband and I both got laid off in May. After 3 months of searching we both found part time jobs in August. However no jobs equals no money equals no insurance. On his second day back to work he was pulled over, and got a ticket for no insurance (we don't currently drive that car anymore.) Our lawyer is asking for proof of insurance which we don't have. We now have insurance on our other car. We aren't irresponsibe, just victims of circumstance, and I am hoping that there is some way to avoid him having to have an SR22.

I'm not sure there is a way and your attorney can handle this better than we can, espcially since we don't know the state. Are you sure that you would be required to have SR22 insurance in this instance?

georgew said:
I'm not sure there is a way and your attorney can handle this better than we can, espcially since we don't know the state. Are you sure that you would be required to have SR22 insurance in this instance?
Don't know for sure, but that is why I ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back