anything to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplelady

I am a 1st time poster & I was discharged by my former employer. In order to collect unemployment, I had to say I resigned otherwise my benefits were blocked. Initially, I was told that a former co-worker said I was sexually harassing him. I reacted in anger as this was upsetting news. No evidence or witness was ever produced. Just this man's word. I asked to be transferred to alleviate any future problems, but I was told "NO". My former employer could not confirm this harassment so I began to feel intimidated and had insomnia, depression, seizures and even went into counseling. This man still has his job even though our friendship was mutual, but I am now unemployed. I feel I was harassed, defamed & suffered emotional distress. If my actions were inappropriate in the workplace, it was because of this accusation. I tried to explain that my Epilepsy medication often causes mood swings due to unnecessary stress. This fact was not considered. I am afraid to take any action because I received a threat of criminal charges. If I signed any document I feel it was from intimidation. Are these signed documents legal? I feel this was an unfair investigation since I received a threat and was told my evidence was "too old". I couldn't perform my duties without being watched. I don't know if this is discrimination or wrongful termination. I tried to apologize for my actions, but that was not taken into consideration. I even explained that I was upset due to problems at home.
This abuse of power cannot continue. I thought bullying was only found in schools and on the playground. Aren't idle threats childish and illegal? After 16+ years of dedicated service I would have even accepted a suspention without pay. This should be harassment from my employer. Am I not innocent until proven guity? Are there not 2 sides to a story? The initial day I was told of this serious accusation, I did not have a union representative. present.How can I correct an inappropriate action if I don't know what the action is?
:no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back