anything to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gettincraftyobx

We own a condo in a complex that is managed by a company but each unit is individually owned. We own a top floor unit (which we rent out on a nightly and/or weekly basis) and below us an elderly tenant rents from another couple. Our issue is when the elderly tenant yells at our renters before they have even checked in about being quiet and beats on her ceiling when they walk across the floor. I have spoken to her landlord because I had the door slammed in my face when I tried to have a nice conversation with the downstairs tenant. The landlord asked me to settle everything through her. To be respectful to the elderly woman we have taken measures to cut down on the noise with area rugs and felt pads on the chair legs & have even posted a notice inside our unit stating to please be respectful to the lady downstairs but she still yells, calls the police on our unsuspecting tenants and even threatened, cursed, and yelled at me as I was leaving my unit. I have tried to resolve the problem and just don't know how to make this lady happy and how to get her to leave us and our tenants alone. We are starting to lose rental income due to our renters not rebooking and our renters are complaining. Plus, we personally know most of our tenants so it's not just random, rowdy people staying there. HELP - PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back