Anybody missing the Report and Edit buttons?

I have no report, no edit and no delete, even the moment after I post.

I'm using a Mac running Firefox - haven't tried other browsers or a different OS.
My buttons disappeared right around the time that my account was updated so that I could send private messages.

XenForo promotions and usergroup permissions are an odd thing at times, but from what I can see from the user side I can't explain what you're seeing. I'm pretty good at hunting these issues down ( I run several other XenForo-based sites), but obviously I'm not an admin/mod here.

By any chance those who don't have it, do you have the "hamburger" (three parallel lines, looks more like a grilled cheese to me) next to the poster's name? That's indicative of the site thinking you're on a phone. It moves all those buttons into a drop down menu that you get when you click on the hamburger.

By any chance those who don't have it, do you have the "hamburger" (three parallel lines, looks more like a grilled cheese to me) next to the poster's name? That's indicative of the site thinking you're on a phone. It moves all those buttons into a drop down menu that you get when you click on the hamburger.

Damn, now I feel hungry.

I forwarded this thread to Michael, the owner, so he can see everybody's comments. I don't know what it will take to fix or how long. Meantime, we have several moderators who are here frequently and can stay on top of duplicate posts, spam, other objectionables, and send them to the cornfield.

Post here if you see any changes.

Last edited:

Nope. Like I mentioned before, the "edit" and "report" and "delete" buttons were all there before my account was updated to allow for private messages. Now, the site looks the same except that I don't have those buttons.

Got me... I've got PM's (well they call them conversations here) and I've got the buttons. But it's not hard to screw up the permissions on XF. There's a special tool in the admin cp to help diagnose these bugs.

The delete button appearance should be tied to the EDIT button. I see both until the post ages long enough that the features go away.

Back