any advise please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mckie

Ok to make a long story short here in UK there is a smoking ban on all business premisis.

I am a supervisor and i recently caught one of my drivers smoking with our yard, i asked him to stop which he didnt and so i reported it to my superiours.

Now i have been given a letter from head office asking me to come to my disaplinery they have said the reason is "allowing people to smoke on company premisis".

What has happend is this guy i caught smoking is trying to say he is normal allowed to smoke on the premisis, he has also got two other people to say i allow smoking on the premisis which my company is saying i have commited gross misconduct by allowing people to smoke on the premisis..

whats the worse that can happen here?, is it really gross misconduct, i mean i havent got any witnesses to say that i dont allow it, so is it there word against mine? is that enough to fire someone?

This is primarily a US site and I don't know of any regular responders who are familiar with UK law, which is quite different from US law.

If you don't get any responses here you might want to find a site that is based in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back