Any advice, PLEASE!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

confry

I hope this is the right forum, I apologize if it is not. I have recently discovered that my ssn was used in another county for someone with several felonies and a prison stay back in 2004. I have checked my credit reports and there is no credit fraud, which leads me to believe that it was a mistake made by the PD in the other county (why would someone knowingly use my ssn for their criminal record and not also use it to their advantage financially?). I called Victorville PD (the county it originated in) and they said that I have to file a report with my local PD. I called the local PD out and the deputy said that I didn't have enough proof for him to file a report (the paperwork I was given with the background check has my name on it, but not my ssn). Nobody will help me remedy this! In the meantime, I have been applying for jobs for about 3 years now (I am a recent college grad) and have been turned down for every one! I am getting extremely frustrated and I am wondering what else I can possibly do. I'm to the point that I believe that I should hire a lawyer, but I know that I can't afford it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you to all who read this and may have some help for me.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back