Annulment possibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdtheory

I married my wife on the second week of march this year, I had previously had problems with her being faithful, but was blindly reassured, both self and from her that this was no longer an issue...

At the time her visa was running out, and while that was not the reason for the marriage, it did play a factor. I love this woman very much, but due to a death she had to go back to her country (Japan), leaving her student visa expired, and requiring me to apply for a K3. She just recently got approved for her K3, but here is the problem...

I found love letters dated a month before our marriage, when I plainly stated that I couldn't stay in a relationship if any kind of lying or betrayal was to take place, especially concerning cheating. Anyways while looking for papers to send to the embassy, I found love letters from a person she had been cheating on me with, and through conversations and things said, I now truly feel that she used me only for the visa.

Were I a mean-spirited (or sometimes I think maybe what a normal person would do) I would have annulled the marriage and just left her to figure it out on her own. I care about her mother and family, so I am trying to get as much information as possible to hurt her and the people around her as little as possible.

My main questions would be:

1) Will the letters and chat conversations be enough evidence to prove fraud? If not what kind of evidence would be sufficient?

2) After I turn the papers in, be it divorce or annulment what will that do to her K3? Will it instantly be revoked? What happens to the whole process of her change of status?

This is not an annulment case.

File your lawsuit for dissolution of marriage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back