Annulment of mentally Ill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda83347

I am posting this for a friend of mine, her mother is severly mentally ill to the point that she would be unable to function daily living on her own. My friend used to have to help her mother take baths, for example. Well her mother has been living with a man for years, and everything he tells her to do she will do. Well her mother's father recently passed away and left several rental properties and bank accounts to three people, His daughter(the mentally ill), my friend, and her sister. It was no time later that the man that was living with her mother married her. The executor of the will gave up her duties, so someone else has to take over the executor's role. and the man that is married to her mom wants the job. So obviously he is going to benefit from the estate because he has power of attorney and has access to all of her money. All three will have to agree on who the executor will be. And since he has so much pull over his mentally ill wife she will not agree to anyone else being executor. My friend is at a loss over what to do.... Anyways we do know he is collecting rent money already and pocketing it. and is not placing it in the bank account to be divided. anyways can the mentally ill wife have her two daugthers legally file for annulment of this marriage? Even when the husband has such a pull on her decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back