Annulment in New Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

yagamiclan

I was married in January of 2005. I found out after my marriage that everything i thought i knew about my husband was a lie. He is in the US illegally from Mexico, his social security number is fake, he has a criminal record, children in mexico, many different things. I found out that he was drinking and using drugs, he became very abusive and eventually took off. I tried to file for divorce on my own but cannot find him to serve him papers. i was told that i would need to file by publication but this is very expensive for me since i was left with no job and no belongings(he burned them). I have not seen him since September of 2005. I believe he married me to get papers but when he found out that i was not going to be his slave he became violent. when he left he threaten to one day come back to new mexico, find me and kill me. I believe that i have grounds for an annulment but do not know how to go about filing for an annulment in New Mexico and cant really afford to hire a lawyer. I have been unable to find information on annulments in New Mexico...Can anyone please help me?

It is easier and cheaper to get a divorce.

Call your state bar association to see if they can refer you to a cheap or free lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back