annullment

Status
Not open for further replies.

juju7755

My question is how long do you have to be married to get an annullment verses a divorce. My wife is not helping with the bills. She has used a credit card only authorized by my mother and i to buy some personal items without consent. She has been dishonest in other situations as well. She has become verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive over the use of such card. She still thinks that she should get the stuff that was sent back for a credit on the credit card. I bought a house prior to our marriage. She wants cohabitation without consumation. I want kids but she can't have any without a reversal procudure. I am not so sure about the kids in the relationship with the dishonesty. She has a son of 14 yrs living with us and a daughter of 5 living with biological parent. She can only hold a job for approximately 2 months before something occurrs that she loses it and puts further strains on the household. Please help with advice on this subject. I don't know if annullment would get her out of the house. I don't know if divorce would have to be persued in this case.

Thank you,
ju

Last edited:
Whether or not you qualify for an annulment depends on the state in which you live. The laws are state-specific. You can google annulment in your state to find the guidelines.

Even if you qualify in your state, the process generally takes longer than to get a divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back