ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

annbar1960

I am from Tennessee and I am a caregiver. That career took me to Illinois when I met a lady in Tennessee who was actually from Illinois. She hired me to care for her and ask me if I would move there to Illinois to do the job. I agreed. I was given a week every 3 months to come home to visit which I rarely used, 2 times maybe. I was employed by her for 16 months. During the last month with her I decided to make my visit home and while on vacation she called and terminated me. I have a tremendous amount of personal belongings there including a brand new 50 inch smart TV and a 36 in flat screen which I purchased just before taking my vacation. To sum it all up she has put most of my belongings into a storage container without my permission excluding the TV's and is wanting me to pay her $900.00 for 2 months of storage. I cannot go get my things until they recieve a cashiers check for the 900.00 at which time they decide when I can collect my things. My qyestion is; can they legally do this? And; Do I have any rights. Thank you in advance for your advice.

You can either pay the money and bring a lawsuit to recover the $900 after retrieving your property, or you can refuse to pay and bring a lawsuit demanding return of your property... but then you will be without it longer.
I suggest you do all communications in writing and date your letters.
This does not appear to be a criminal issue, but one that will either be settled between the two of you or a court.

Did you owe her any money for any reason? Why the demand for $900?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back