Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.

bam54739

I need some advice, about 8 years ago my mother started to give me some things that belonged to her. She told me these things where mine to keep. about three years ago she got sick, and tow years ago she past away. Since her death my step father has been after me to give these things back to him, because they are his, so he says. But since my mother gave these things to me, I would say they belong to me. He has sent me a letter now saying I have until May 12 to get them back to him, or eles. I Think he might come to my home with the police and try that way to see if he can get them. I would like to know if he does show up do I have to turn my things over to him as long as it was my mother that gave them to me in the first place. My step father has told my brother and sisters that I will not get anything of my mothers. I am not sure just what his problum is, But I do feel as long as my mother gave these to me he has no right to them. Can some one please help me out here.

I highly doubt the police will assist him.

If the items were your mothers, and she gave them to you as gifts, they are yours to keep. You do not need to give them back. He has no right to them.

I don't know what this threat about "not getting anything else" is about, but you are entitled to whatever you are entitled to under her will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back