Angry and Confused...

Status
Not open for further replies.

driverjenn

Somebody help me understand, here's the story. I drive a mini bus in New York State. I am employed by a small company that operates the mini bus on contract for the County Transit service. In November I was involved in an accident- details... I was driving down a street approaching an intersection where I had no stop sign. A driver on my left had a stop sign and ran it hitting me. I did not see the car coming, small embankment and parked cars in way of view. I was not ticketed, other driver was. The following week I believe, I received a notice in my office from the County Transit supervisor saying that in their independant investigation they had found me at fault due to the fact that the other driver ignoring a traffic device does not automatically exempt me from fault, and as a proffesional driver(Class A licence-passenger endorsement) I should have seen the car approaching and been able to avoid the accident. It said that I would be at fault in their records or something and that I had 30 days to dispute the findings. Well, this is where I was stupid, I was angry but I said Oh well, I don't care what they have in their records, I know what happened, so I left it alone. Okay, So, my husband and I are changing car insurance companies and I got a letter today from them saying what is this accident I have on my DMV report from November! How did this happen? No one explained that it would go on my DMV report, I wasn't even ticketed. I would have fought it if I had thought it was gonna be on something important and not just their little personal file! What do I do now?!

Q: How did this happen?

A: Your employer reported it (I suspect) they are required to do due to the type of license you had.

OK, I guess I understand that, I may have been prematuraly enraged. LOL So, I have not seen my DMV report yet, if they report an accident, but I had no ticket, can I have points or be at fault? Still a bit confused. My liscence was clean, and this is not my fault!

If my employer turned in an at fault something because of transits report, shouldn't they have explained it too me? They were there when I got the notice and knew what I thought and that I was not gonna challenge it because I thought itr was stupid. If they knew it was gonna go on my DMV they should have told me!

We're stumbling around in the dark.

Get the DMV report and post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back