An "Adjustment" to an already signed deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristafee

Last week my husband and I went and traded in our truck for another pre-owned vehicle. The experience was great. The finance dept. worked with us and kept the payments within our budget.

Today I received a call from their Finance Manager who said the bank they were going to work with for our loan wanted a higher loan fee so now we either had to come up with a down payment (we put no money down on top of our trade in) or we had to bring the car back and re-negotiate for a lower priced vehicle. He told me the bank fees were upwards of $1,500 - $1,800. We've had the vehicle a week and they still have our old truck. Can they this?

Read your contract. It likely allows for the dealer to cancel the contract within a certain amount of time. If you are within that time then you need to return the vehicle. If that deadline has passed you are not required to do anything.
If the contract does not address the situation then you are still in the clear.... but it likely does and you just need to look it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back