American/German custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana0325

Hi Im an German citizen married to an American for almost 7 years. We have a 3 year old son. We are about to get a divorce.
I would love to go back to Germany and have my son grow up there. My ex-husbad can always visit or take our son to the U.S. I have no problem with that. My husband is against that our son lives in Germany. He wants me to live in the United states. Even though I miss my family and country more than anything. I only left my county because of the love I had for him. Now I just want to be back. My question is: How big are my chances of getting me and my son to germany and live there with him having visitation rights?

Hi Im an German citizen married to an American for almost 7 years. We have a 3 year old son. We are about to get a divorce.
I would love to go back to Germany and have my son grow up there. My ex-husbad can always visit or take our son to the U.S. I have no problem with that. My husband is against that our son lives in Germany. He wants me to live in the United states. Even though I miss my family and country more than anything. I only left my county because of the love I had for him. Now I just want to be back. My question is: How big are my chances of getting me and my son to germany and live there with him having visitation rights?

Your chances are nonexistent if he fights this.
Your son is subject to US law in the state where you reside.
I presume that is California.
You are free to go anywhere you wish, but the child is staying here until he's an adult (18 years old).
I suggest you make nice with hubby, because that's all you've got.

I'm sorry AJ, but that is NOT correct.

Mom DOES have a chance even if Dad fights. Granted, it might not be a great chance - but we both know that relocating the child even if that child holds dual citizenship IS possible.

Having said that, I do have a question for Mom. Did your husband sponsor your residency here? There is a reason I'm asking.

We only came to America because he was in the Army at the time and they stationed him to Kansas. I never planned on leaving Germany. Yes, he did sponsor my residency here.

Hey Adriana. Would you mind to send me a message? I'm German and I'm in the same situation right now- just in another state.

I'm sorry AJ, but that is NOT correct.

Mom DOES have a chance even if Dad fights. Granted, it might not be a great chance - but we both know that relocating the child even if that child holds dual citizenship IS possible.

Having said that, I do have a question for Mom. Did your husband sponsor your residency here? There is a reason I'm asking.

Okay, enjoy.

I ope everyone gets whatever it is their heart desires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back