amazing*treasures is not so amazing

Dustin Clark

Jurisdiction
Arizona
I was wondering if someone can help us with this. This is unbelievably wrong in many ways what this seller did to us when we bought an item they were selling online through ebay. It started last week we saw this 1986-1988 fleer rack pack basketball card set online it said buy now only 2 available, us as a family especially our son collects 1986 fleer basketball cards. It said they guaranteed a Michael Jordan sticker which we needed to complete our set along with 12 stacks of cards of 15 in each stack. Also we have a chance to win a redemption card sometimes they hide in the boxes if you find one you can win 36 packs of wax packs. We were unbelievably excited about this we got on the phone with a eBay teammate and they helped us purchase this item with our Visa card for $888.31. The teammate said everything is good to go purchase is complete we should receive a tracking number soon. This morning come to find out we were checking into our purchase and it said cancelled. We immediately called eBay come to find out the seller cancelled our order without us knowing because they sold to someone for $200 more dirty huh??? That's not right now we are out of a box that we rightfully purchased. Is there something hat can done? We would like to take this seller to court and slap them with a lawsuit.

100,000 dollars
80,000 what is would of been to complete my set
20,000 emotional support putting us through this crap!!

Please respond soon thank you!,

I was wondering if someone can help us with this. This is unbelievably wrong in many ways what this seller did to us when we bought an item they were selling online through ebay. It started last week we saw this 1986-1988 fleer rack pack basketball card set online it said buy now only 2 available, us as a family especially our son collects 1986 fleer basketball cards. It said they guaranteed a Michael Jordan sticker which we needed to complete our set along with 12 stacks of cards of 15 in each stack. Also we have a chance to win a redemption card sometimes they hide in the boxes if you find one you can win 36 packs of wax packs. We were unbelievably excited about this we got on the phone with a eBay teammate and they helped us purchase this item with our Visa card for $888.31. The teammate said everything is good to go purchase is complete we should receive a tracking number soon. This morning come to find out we were checking into our purchase and it said cancelled. We immediately called eBay come to find out the seller cancelled our order without us knowing because they sold to someone for $200 more dirty huh??? That's not right now we are out of a box that we rightfully purchased. Is there something hat can done? We would like to take this seller to court and slap them with a lawsuit.

100,000 dollars
20,000 emotional support putting us through this crap!!

Please respond soon thank you!,
:rolleyes:

You want 20K because he was emotionally supportive? Perhaps you meant "emotional distress"? Be prepared to bring the extensive medical records from your therapist/ psychologist to show how distressed you were.

We immediately called eBay come to find out the seller cancelled our order without us knowing because they sold to someone for $200 more dirty huh???

The cancellation might have been fortuitous, saving you $900.

That's not right now we are out of a box that we rightfully purchased. Is there something hat can done?

You are out no money, therefore there was no purchase.

I suggest you thank your lucky stars that you weren't scammed.

It isn't prudent to buy an expensive item sight unseen, relying solely upon the "puffing" of the seller.

Again, the other dude saved you $900.

I suggest you buy collectibles ONLY from a reputable dealer, and only after you have verified the authenticity of the item.

they sold to someone for $200 more dirty huh?

"Huh" is right.

I've been buying things on eBay for over 15 years and have never heard of an "eBay teammate" (googled the term and got no answer, except that it might be some sort of cutesy corporate-speak term for people who work for eBay). Nor have I ever heard of folks buying things on eBay by making a phone call. What does an "eBay teammate" do? Did you or your son bid on and win an auction or complete a "buy it now" transaction?

Also, as far as I can tell, "1986-1988 fleer rack pack basketball card set" means the following: A "rack pack" is simply an unopened package of cards. Presumably, the seller of this "set" put some number of packages of cards for the 86-87 and 87-88 seasons into a box (apparently along with some teaser items). Is that roughly accurate?

Finally, it appears that, although you gave someone your credit card number, you were either never charged or you were charged and the charge was reversed. Correct?

Is there something hat can done?

Sure. You can try to find and buy the same or a comparable product from probably dozens of other sources.

We would like to take this seller to court and slap them with a lawsuit.

100,000 dollars
20,000 emotional support putting us through this crap!

Those numbers are patently silly.

For starters, you don't get emotional distress (not "emotional support") damages for a breach of contract claim, and I have no idea what the other two numbers are supposed to represent.

If you had a contract with the seller to buy the product (and it's not clear to me that you did), you are entitled to either (not both) of the following upon the seller's breach:

(1) the difference between the price you have to pay to obtain the same product from another source and the price you agreed to pay the seller who breached the agreement with you (of course, this only applies if can't obtain the same product for the same or a lesser price); or

(2) the difference between the market price of the goods at the time of breach and the price you agreed to pay.

You could also be entitled to incidental or consequential damages reasonably resulting from the seller's breach.

Back