Am writing a book

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahblah43210

I am writing a book about a personal experience. I do not name any names. I simply refer to the doctors by their specialty (OB, Perinatologist, etc.). I do refer to family members but also not by name.
Am wondering if I should publish the book under a LLC corporation just in case someone wants to sue me? (can they?). Or should I just take out personal liability insurance?
I will put a disclaimer in the book but I understand that is more so that someone can not use what I've written without my permission.

Most people add a disclaimer that this is a work of fiction and does not reflect an account of actual events or persons.

See how "Law and Order" or other televion shows address your dilemma!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for your reply. Yes, I know Law and Order! I am planning on writing a disclaimer, but the book is actually going to be non-fiction, about a 1 1/2 year period of my life. But I will not be naming any names, so I could just put a disclaimer that characteristics have been changed to protect people or make it be fiction and just say any similarities are simply a coincidence?

do you mean this?...
"The people and events have been changed to protect the innocent and any similarities to actual persons, either living or dead, are merely coincidental."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back