Am i entitled to anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDALAMAT

My father has been married over 40 years. He has property in Michigan and Mississippi. I'm sure they were purchased jointly. He is dying and, his wife probably won't tell me when he dies. He has 5 other adult children besides myself 4 of which comes from his wife. I don't know if he has a will or not. How will i know if he has a will? I know the home in Michigan is paid for. The property in Mississippi is paid for but, the Jim walter home on that property is fairly new. He owns a vehicle i'm not sure if it is jointly, paid for or not. He is retired from an automaker plant. I am wondering am i entitled to any of my fathers estate or does everything automatically go to his wife?

My father has been married over 40 years. He has property in Michigan and Mississippi. I'm sure they were purchased jointly. He is dying and, his wife probably won't tell me when he dies. He has 5 other adult children besides myself 4 of which comes from his wife. I don't know if he has a will or not. How will i know if he has a will? I know the home in Michigan is paid for. The property in Mississippi is paid for but, the Jim walter home on that property is fairly new. He owns a vehicle i'm not sure if it is jointly, paid for or not. He is retired from an automaker plant. I am wondering am i entitled to any of my fathers estate or does everything automatically go to his wife?

Unless your father has a will, his entire estate goes to his wife.

Just as YOUR estate would go to YOUR spouse, and NOT your father or mother!

You, as an adult child, are entitled to take nothing from his estate, UNLESS he addresses it in his will.

You won't necessarily know if he has a will.

The only way you'll know for sure, is IF the will is probated and you are mentioned as an heir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back