am i eleigible for unemployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohmhm1

Hello,
I was working at a electronics store in NJ. A customer came and asked to see a cell phone so i took it out and showed it to them. they agreed to buy it and while i was writing them a receipt, they took the phone and pocketed it. i asked them for the phone back and they said they did not have it. i then went to a manager and notified him so he could check the cameras. The securty guard that was supposed to be their that night was on vacation and the head of security for the whole company was not at his office at the time therefore no one was able to check the security cameras so the manager told me to give them another phone and let them be on their way. before the customer left, i took down all their info down to their apt. number just in case. The next day the General Manager comes in and tells me i was being fired for this. Even he thinks that it was not right to fire me for this reason as i did nothing wrong i actually tried to do what i could when i realized the phone was stolen. i have been working there full time for 2 years while attending school full time as welll. Can i receive unemployment benefits?
Thanks

Last edited:
You'll never know if you don't apply. The only one whose opinion counts is that of your state UI board. No one here could give you anything but a guess, and our guesses are not binding on the unemployment commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back