Am I being screwed with out a kiss by my employer ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ervin

I work out of town, renovating motels. How much money is my employer suppose to provide me with for food for the week, that's not suppose to come out of my check ?

In my past, I worked with 2 different companies that provided me with $15.00 a day tax free money for food
But the company I work for now. Hasn't provided me with money to eat with. But has provided me a motel room to stay in while out of town working.
My question is... Is my employer suppose to provide me with money to eat on while I'm out of town without it coming out of my check ?

Last edited by a moderator:
None. In 48 states, including yours, your employer has no legal obligation to reimburse you for any expenses or provide you with a per diem for food/motels, and in one of the two exceptions, the only expense that's reimbursable by law is mileage.

No. You have to eat whether you're on the road or not; your employer is not responsible for paying for your meals.

Thank you

No. You have to eat whether you're on the road or not; your employer is not responsible for paying for your meals.

So, your telling me there's no law pertaining to employer providing food exspenses for employee while working out of town

Yes. I am telling you there's no law pertaining to employer providing food expenses for employees who are working out of town.

An employer may do so if they wish. They are not compelled to do so. The amount of money your employer is required to provide you for food expenses while working out of town is zero.

As noted, in your state your employer does not need to reimburse you for any "personal" expenses when working out of town though they can if they wish. If you worked in town, I assume you would have to pay your own expenses (food, housing etc.).

start of edit: This was in reply to OP's 1st post (thread) as was cbg's 1st post above - posts got combined by another moderator.

Last edited:
This was already answered in your first thread - please ask your question only once. I will not combine threads since posts might be out of order.

Ref. http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59911

start of edit: Another moderator combined 59911 & 59912. (combined both of OP's posts into one)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back