already divorced

Status
Not open for further replies.

octagon

If I am already divorced and would like to make changes to the divorce settlement, can I? What is the statute of limitation in California?

Not likely, unless you can prove fraud or wrongdoing in the original case that affected the outcome.

Already Divorced 2 yrs Ex Is suing to Vacate Divorce

Been divorced over 2 years AND I am remarried. Ex-wife of 2 marriages is suing to vacate based on fraud and wrong doing in the state of New York. She claims that I misrepresented because I filed divorce in New York, but was stationed and lived in GA. I am a soldier whose home of record is New York. The military allows us to maintain our original home of record until seperation from the military. I pay NY taxes. I am a registered voter in New York.

Ex was served AND signed for papers when served. She did not show and I won by default. Now I am re-married. I was served to appear and be in court on the day of my wedding. Now that I am re-married she wants a settlement. I have never heard of such a thing after 2 years of being divorced.

Anyone out there have any advice?

To the original poster, you just cannot make changes to a decree it is not that easy. You have to go to court and file a motion and go through the whole legal process. If the other party does not agree then you go in front of a judge or a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back