Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Allowing minors to consume on property

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjf1143

i threw a party the other night and I was given a ticket for "allowing minors to consume on property." I did not provide alcohol. It was brought in from others and I blew a .000. However, there is no court date provided on my ticket under where it says "Appearance Date on or before___________" is blank, and the line which says "Hearing Date (if applicable) on______" is also blank. In addition, the boxes that say "Contact court", "Juvenile Traffic Misd. (Court will notify)", and "Formal Hearing required (court will notify)" are all unchecked. The cop said that I will have a court date though, along with some other friends who received M.I.P.'s. What should I do? Thanks!

contact your local PD and talk to them about it. i wouldnt be too worried about it if nothing is filed out. in that case it would just be a fine you would call and have to pay.

What state is this? And, what is the specific code section cited?

- Carl

Well, without knowing the specific code you will be charged with, I am sort of spinning my wheels trying to figure out the elements of the law you are suspected of violating. However, I suspect that having a party and permitting minors who are not your own children to consume alcohol is against the law.

Because this may have ramifications beyond a simple fine, I would strongly recommend you consul an attorney.

Next time, check ID at the door.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back