Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Alcohol in a car that wasnt mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenchino

Okay so i have court next week and i need someone to help me with this ticket i got. i am 18 years old and i got a ticket for having alcohol in the trunk. now the car is not under my name and i was with my girlfriend. it was closed and in a bag. the cop gave us a ticket for posession but let us keep the beer. it was one 40oz. and my dad is taking me to court and i was wondering if they would drop the charge if i say that my dad was with me that day (at the beach) and i had wet clothes on so i went to the car to change but had the car on and open cuz i had the radio on while i waited for my girl to chnge. we had the trunk open and he seen the beer. i told him it wasnt mine but he never asked if we were alone or had someone of age with us. So is there a way i can beat this or prove that im innocent and it wasnt miine? or say that my dad let me borrow his car and he forgot he hsd the beer in there? bc i really dont need my lisence to get tAKEN away. i need it to go to work and college. plz someone help me with a solution..

Okay so i have court next week and i need someone to help me with this ticket i got. i am 18 years old and i got a ticket for having alcohol in the trunk. now the car is not under my name and i was with my girlfriend. it was closed and in a bag. the cop gave us a ticket for posession but let us keep the beer. it was one 40oz. and my dad is taking me to court and i was wondering if they would drop the charge if i say that my dad was with me that day (at the beach) and i had wet clothes on so i went to the car to change but had the car on and open cuz i had the radio on while i waited for my girl to chnge. we had the trunk open and he seen the beer. i told him it wasnt mine but he never asked if we were alone or had someone of age with us. So is there a way i can beat this or prove that im innocent and it wasnt miine? or say that my dad let me borrow his car and he forgot he hsd the beer in there? bc i really dont need my lisence to get tAKEN away. i need it to go to work and college. plz someone help me with a solution..

Lying or concocting a story is never wise.
Lies can make your life substantially more complicated.
I can not, and will not aid you in lying to the court.
This is a NOTHING offense, unless you foolishly up the ante.

Here is the law about MIP in California:

California State Law
Any person under the age of 21 years who has any alcoholic beverage in his or her possession on any street or highway or in any public place or in any place open to the public is guilty of a misdemeanor.

Possible Exceptions
Making a delivery of an alcoholic beverage in pursuance of the order of his or her parent, responsible adult relative, or any other adult designated by the parent or legal guardian, or in pursuance of his or her employment.

Private Location. Private location does not include motor vehicles.

California's statute regarding possession of alcohol by a person under the age of 21 years includes an exception for "responsible adult relative".

First offense
Fine of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) or the person shall be required to perform not less than 24 hours or more than 32 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed or is not attending school.

Second or subsequent offense
Fine not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or the person may be required to perform not less than 36 hours or more than 48 hours of community service during hours when the person is not employed or is not attending school, or a combination of fine and community service as the court deems just.

Last edited:
Okay so i have court next week and i need someone to help me with this ticket i got. i am 18 years old and i got a ticket for having alcohol in the trunk.
What was the code section written on the citation? And how did the police find the alcohol in your trunk?

Were you driving when you were stopped? Were you parked in a lot or a field and having a tailgate party? What were the circumstances?

now the car is not under my name and i was with my girlfriend. it was closed and in a bag. the cop gave us a ticket for posession but let us keep the beer.
Not a brilliant move on the part of the officer to allow you to keep it.

it was one 40oz. and my dad is taking me to court and i was wondering if they would drop the charge if i say that my dad was with me that day (at the beach) and i had wet clothes on so i went to the car to change but had the car on and open cuz i had the radio on while i waited for my girl to chnge. we had the trunk open and he seen the beer.
Uh ... is this tale the truth? Or, are you planning to turn a nothing offense into potential jail time by committing perjury?

So is there a way i can beat this or prove that im innocent and it wasnt miine?
That depends ... whose beer was it? Will that person come into a court and testify that it was theirs?

bc i really dont need my lisence to get tAKEN away. i need it to go to work and college. plz someone help me with a solution..
Whether you will lose your license depends on the code section that you were charged with. What was that code section?

Also, if the court did suspend your license you could apply for a restricted license for work and school. And in some counties there are diversion programs that might allow you to avoid a conviction altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back