Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Alaska 6th Degree Misdemeanor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscgrob

3 years ago,

my friend's wife was stopped for speeding(63 in 55) and the state trooper said that he could smell marijuana "eminating" from the vehicle. He then told them if they handed over everything they had that he would not search the vehicle. It turned out to be the passenger's, but she wasn't ticketed just the driver. He gave her a citation/ticket for possession of a controlled substance during a traffic stop. The judge gave her $150 fine, probation sis 1 yr and that was it. Now she has been hired for a gov't job and is filling out a SF85 background check form. The form asks "In the last 7 years, have you been arrested for, charged with, or convicted of any offense(s)? (Leave out traffic fines of less than $150.)"

Does she have to list her 6th Degree misdemeanor, even though she was not arrested and it was a $150 fine? Also the judge told her it would be expunged from her record but when she called not too long ago they said that it would not be. How does she go about getting it expunged?

THANKS

I personally would put it down. I would explain it by saying that the passenger was found to have a small amount of pot on her and it was never found to be yours/hers whoevers. Having a misdemeanor isn't going to tank you, but lying about it will. Let's see how honest you or your friend's wife is........ Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back