Agreement unsigned ,Late fee, and other fees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barwain

I live in the Imperial Valley :yes:HOT
My honey (BF) has a rental agreement but, he never signed it and they did not either and it says nothing about the late fee.
So on the late fee if its not stated i don't have to pay it?
If i was paying it,can i tell them to put it as rent? I know they won't give me it back! If they want to charge me for having someone cut the the lawn do we have to pay?
We do the lawn ,but honey's back went out for a week and one tenant paid for hers to be done now they want to charge us.

You need to realize that you and your "honey" are in a rather precarious situation without a rental agreement or lease. In California (as in other states) such tenancies (sometimes known as a "tenancy at will" or a month to month rental contract) can be terminated rather easily by either party:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/moving-out.shtml

Paying your rent late and then refusing to pay a late fee is certainly an excellent way to have your landlord/management consider terminating your lease.

If someone else has to cut your lawn, why do you believe you don't owe for this?

Gail

Verbal agreement with landlord is we get reduce rent to cut the lawn and some minor maintenance. 3 times a month LL wants it cut. His back was out and lawn mwer was broken it was only 2 weeks. That tenant has the hard grass to cut and she waters Alot so when its time for him to cut the grass he could not we have mentioned it to the LL . So I guess she was inpatient (T) had it done Now the land lord wants to charge to us. So if T wants to have her lawn cut and the landlord already has us. Can the LL chrge us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back