Aggressive social worker plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

purge22

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can advise me on this matter. I am a carer for my mother suffering from schizophrenia. They have been suffering the illness for around 13 years, but to make matters more difficult. My mother is trying to care for her special needs son, so I practically caring for both.

Cut to the present, my mother has struggled not only to care for herself, but for her son (my brother) and now due to me raising my brother's failing health due to neglect of care, my brother is in long term respite. As many of you might already know, some suffers of schizophrenia can be suspicious and at times weary of those who are there to help, but now since social services have intervened, I have found them to be more aggressive in their plans concerning my brother.

At one meeting concerning a review of my brothers care, my mother was asked what was her plans for her sons care after her death and she struggled to answer, but was clearly unwell. The social worker suggested that she should sell the house and all the proceeds go to another carer who will look after my brother. My mother agreed, but I felt asking such an incredibly important question to do with property was not the best thing to ask to someone clearly unwell. Within a month later my brother was taken from my mother and put in long term respite, which meant the social worker knew full well that my mother was clearly unwell.

So I am thinking, why are they planning so far ahead like this and what about the next of kin or other family members? I feel I would want to contest this plan if it ever goes ahead because years ago when my mother was in a better mental state, the house was to be shared.

This board pretty much covers US law only.

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can advise me on this matter. I am a carer for my mother suffering from schizophrenia. They have been suffering the illness for around 13 years, but to make matters more difficult. My mother is trying to care for her special needs son, so I practically caring for both.

Cut to the present, my mother has struggled not only to care for herself, but for her son (my brother) and now due to me raising my brother's failing health due to neglect of care, my brother is in long term respite. As many of you might already know, some suffers of schizophrenia can be suspicious and at times weary of those who are there to help, but now since social services have intervened, I have found them to be more aggressive in their plans concerning my brother.

At one meeting concerning a review of my brothers care, my mother was asked what was her plans for her sons care after her death and she struggled to answer, but was clearly unwell. The social worker suggested that she should sell the house and all the proceeds go to another carer who will look after my brother. My mother agreed, but I felt asking such an incredibly important question to do with property was not the best thing to ask to someone clearly unwell. Within a month later my brother was taken from my mother and put in long term respite, which meant the social worker knew full well that my mother was clearly unwell.

So I am thinking, why are they planning so far ahead like this and what about the next of kin or other family members? I feel I would want to contest this plan if it ever goes ahead because years ago when my mother was in a better mental state, the house was to be shared.

Simply put, unless its reduced to writing and in a will the spoken word is meaningless.
It never was said if it can't be proved it was said.
Hint: proof isn't obtained by one person saying yes indeedy, she told me.
You need to retain a solicitor.
You need to attempt to become mother's legal guardian.
The solicitor will let you know your rights, and if such an action is possible.
If you do nothing, you might not like the end result n

Agree to talking to a solicitor & having him/her help you with a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back