Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Aggravated robbery 3x

Jurisdiction
Texas
My fiancé is being charged with 3 counts of aggravated robbery.Can someone please explain to me the codes at the end of the charges? AGGRAVATED ROBBERY-ISS-FEL-O/C

In some states there is a felony charge for Armed Robbery; however, in Texas "Armed Robbery" is Aggravated Robbery. "Robbery" occurs when a person tries to steal something (commit theft), and while the person is trying to commit theft they hurt someone or threaten someone.

The act becomes "aggravated" if the robber is armed or brandishes a deadly weapon. A deadly weapon is not just a gun or firearm, it also includes anything that could cause death or serious bodily injury.

If you commit the robbery while using (even displaying) a deadly weapon then the charge becomes aggravated. This increases the possible punishment. Without any criminal history, an aggravated robbery sentencing in Texas ranges from a minimum of 5 years to 99 years, possibly Life in prison (Texas Department of Criminal Justice).

This is a "3g Offense," you cannot get probation from the judge after trial. Only the jury can grant the convicted felon probation in Texas.

Don't discuss the charges with him over the phone or if you visit the jail.
EVERYTHING you say is being recorded.
He'll eventually get a lawyer.
Tell him to use his RIGHT to remain silent.

In some states there is a felony charge for Armed Robbery; however, in Texas "Armed Robbery" is Aggravated Robbery. "Robbery" occurs when a person tries to steal something (commit theft), and while the person is trying to commit theft they hurt someone or threaten someone.

The act becomes "aggravated" if the robber is armed or brandishes a deadly weapon. A deadly weapon is not just a gun or firearm, it also includes anything that could cause death or serious bodily injury.

If you commit the robbery while using (even displaying) a deadly weapon then the charge becomes aggravated. This increases the possible punishment. Without any criminal history, an aggravated robbery sentencing in Texas ranges from a minimum of 5 years to 99 years, possibly Life in prison (Texas Department of Criminal Justice).

This is a "3g Offense," you cannot get probation from the judge after trial. Only the jury can grant the convicted felon probation in Texas.

Don't discuss the charges with him over the phone or if you visit the jail.
EVERYTHING you say is being recorded.
He'll eventually get a lawyer.
Tell him to use his RIGHT to remain silent.
With charges like this would it better to hire a lawyer or let him deal with the court appointed?

With charges like this would it better to hire a lawyer or let him deal with the court appointed?

If he qualifies for a public defender, why spend $10,000 (or more) to hire a lawyer?

Public defenders are well equipped to represent him.

If the evidence is damning, no lawyer can set him free.

This is why no one should commit crimes.
Crimes will destroy your life for decades, maybe forever.

My guess is that he committed robbery because he had no money.

I've never represented an armed robber that was rich, or employed at anything more than a low wage job.

My experience doesn't mean that there are no wealthy armed robbers, just that I've never personally known one.

Bottom line, I agree with your premise.

Until he challenges his confinement (and maybe even longer). They have 72 days to get him in front of a judge. There's no set time on intercounty holds. He'll stay in the one jail until the other county comes to get him, they decide they don't want him, or he asserts his rights that the detention is unreasonable.

You DON'T know for a fact what is going on.
YOU can't do anything about this.

Your choices are to walk away from this guy OR help him obtain a lawyer.

Please keep all of your discussion on this topic to this thread and don't open up any new ones. I've moved the questions and answers from your new thread to this one and deleted the other.

Does a warrant mean that you have been indicted on the charges you have been accused of?

It may be issued subsequent to an indictment, but it isn't necessary. All the state (the police or DA) needs do is convince a magistrate that there is probable cause that the crime has been committed. In the case of misdemeanors, no "indictment" follows. In the case of felonies, the indictment can follow after the arrest (time limits depend on whether you end up remaining in custody or not0. Of course, if you are not in custody and an indictment comes down, a warrant may indeed follow.

The quick answer is no.

How long can they keep you custody in Texas without an indictment?

Back