Age Of Consent....could This Be Any More Annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondebunny1616

I am 15 yrs old ...turning 16 in November , and I like this guy who turned 18 in Febuary. I live in NY and i am wondering about the age of consent since we are both worried about it. Also can the State intervene even if you have your parents permission. Any info on this subject would really be appreciated. I have been trying to find the NYS Law on this online but i cant seem to and what little i do find about this whole thing just confuses me. -Thanks-

This subject has been discussed a few times very recently; look back at the list for this forum and you will see a title similar to yours only a few threads down...

JJ. :)

Yes, it has been discussed several times before here (search is simple) but I would advise you to think about what you are doing before you do. The legal consequences are small compared to not only psychological, emotional and especially the reality when mistakes or other issues can arise. Understand that there are many people not so sincere, honest, mature and may have different intentions than you and will tell you anything you want to hear to get it. I'm not saying this is the case but you would be surprised how you hear "I NEVER thought it would turn out this way." The reason people wait and the law deals with this situation is because the consequences can be damning, not only dealing with mistakes but also with all kinds of other undesirables that can be passed along from irresponsible individuals...

Originally posted by blondebunny1616
I am 15 yrs old ...turning 16 in November , and I like this guy who turned 18 in Febuary. I live in NY and i am wondering about the age of consent since we are both worried about it. Also can the State intervene even if you have your parents permission. Any info on this subject would really be appreciated. I have been trying to find the NYS Law on this online but i cant seem to and what little i do find about this whole thing just confuses me. -Thanks-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back