Afraid for grandchild

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmawhit

My grandchildren visit every other weekend and 1 week night with their father and his live-in girlfried who has 2 children of her own. The care that they are receiving is very questionable and I am wondering what possible rights my daughter or us grandparents might have under the following circumstances.

A neighbor of my ex-son-in-law called to let my daughter know that her 18 month old was found walking down the middle of the street, and a car stopped and took her off the street and to the nearest neighbors home to find out who she belonged to. My ex-son-in-law was out in the garage with his girlfriend, and the other kids were in the backyard playing when this happened. The 18 month old just wandered away on her own. This is the second incident of her wandering away by herself. They live only a half block from a main thoroghfare, and we are so frightened that she will wander out and be hit by a car and killed.

Is there anything we can do? The older grandchild is 5, and there have been no problems as far as we know. But it's the baby that we are afraid for. My daughter was told that there was no avenue for her to take, other than to just keep track of the incidences until the are bad enough that the courts might do something. Is this true?

CPS should have been called. If the dad is neglecting the kids they can take action.

Also your daughter needs to file for supoervised visitation, or see an attorney if she wants it but unless she has proof and if that incident went unreported, she might not have much luck.

Next time, call CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back