Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RICHB232002

My brother and I brought a property together, it in both our names. He is single, live with girlfriend for 2 years. He fell, got hurt, have brian damage. Can't make rational decisions, inconsiderate, etc... my question is 2 parr, because I was ill prepare.
1. If in near future, I want to sell property, how could I do it.
2. If I buy a property with someone else, how could I protect myself on a situation like this or for any other unfortunately situation. Thank you, hope to hear from someone.

My brother and I brought a property together, it in both our names. He is single, live with girlfriend for 2 years. He fell, got hurt, have brian damage. Can't make rational decisions, inconsiderate, etc... my question is 2 parr, because I was ill prepare.
1. If in near future, I want to sell property, how could I do it.
2. If I buy a property with someone else, how could I protect myself on a situation like this or for any other unfortunately situation. Thank you, hope to hear from someone.

Without your brother's consent, there are two ways you can rid yourself of the property:

1: your brother could buy you out
2: the most likely, go to court, have the judge order the property to be sold and the proceeds split 50/50 between you two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back