Advice Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConfusedAIL24

Ok so my ex boyfriend owes me money. He maxed out my credit card with out my consent. Now I was told to send him a notarized letter with detail of everything that he purchased and owes me for. plus just incase I have to take him to court it looks good on my part and he cant say he didnt know or anything like that. Then I was told to just send him a letter with the amount not the detail cuz then he can come up with excuses on why he doesnt owe me. Then I was told just to file a police report and thats it. I'm so confused I don't know what to do. I know I'm running out of time but I'm tring to give him time to pay me. Please someone give me some advice on what to do

You need to file a police report then write him a letter stating that he owes you for the unauthorized purchases, and then take him to court to recover the money for those purchases. Good luck to you!

How was it he was able to use this card? Was his name on card was he a approved user of card? If his name is John Smith on his ID and Credit card reads Jane Doe I dont see how he would be able to use card or how he had access to card. Your going to need to explain these very questions in court and to Police. I do agree though if this was unauthorized use of card file a Police report and get that report number so you can get copy for court when you sue

You need to file a police report then write him a letter stating that he owes you for the unauthorized purchases, and then take him to court to recover the money for those purchases. Good luck to you!

How long ago did your ex-boyfriend max out your credit card and how did he get hold of your credit card number and/or card? How did you KNOW that your ex-boyfriend was the one who used your card? I'm wondering whether you voluntarily gave him the card and he purchased more than he should have.

I agree with presutin but here is what you may want to do if you never gave him permission to use your card. You may want to talk to your ex and let him know what you plan to do. No matter what excuses he may have he'll probably be arrested for theft/fraud unless he comes up with the cash - immediately. If that isn't going to happen and you didn't give him authorization, e.g. you never gave him your card, then you should go to the police.

Now let's say you gave your boyfriend the card but he used it for more items than he should have. Well... then your remedy is unfortunately in court. While you may report it to the police as theft as well as to the credit card company, I doubt they will do much for you. In this instance it's your word versus his as to whether he spent more than you intended he should as opposed to this being a clear case of theft. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back