Business Contracts Advice needed, on a business Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

topnotchdj1

Hello, I recently ran into a problem and is looking for the best advice or truthful answer. My company is a dj company who we do small jobs off to the side, we dont do alot, we may get only up to 20 a year, We ran into a problem this past weekend, a client called us 1 week before his event, at his place of business, (a yatch club) for a 3 hour music event for a dj to come and play music, we agreed to do the job, however we quoted him $180.00 for 3 hours with just music no lighting, he agreed, and signed my contract in my contract i ask the client to give me all the info they can, (NAME, NUMBER, ADDRESS, VENUE ETC) we did get his contract back signed, when we left for the gig we typed in the address and are GPS, could not find the location of his place of business, we drove around looking and asking other businesses where we can find this address, they were unable to find them also (in the mean time we looked on are contract that we just got back 2 days ago, and the client only put his name and his business address no number or 2ndary number to call him) We were unable to complete are services, however we had no number to get ahold of him,

We sent him a email after we came back to are office and told him we were unable to find his place of business, he said it was a lame excuse and he will be in touch with a Lawyer.

We are asking anyone that can help with advice, whos fault is this case we only got his address that he filled out, no number and we only got the contract back a couple days before his event. There was no money put down or sent. "as a down payment"

Thank you

You were negligent in not making sure you had the information needed to complete the contract you agreed to. Do not wait until the last minute to ascertain information. It shows poor business sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back