Advice for a new Paralegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gevorkdash

I have just graduated and received my Paralegal certificate and I would like to know what I should expect going in to this career. More specifically I want to know what law offices look for in a intern or a new hire and what types of responsibilities I will be taking on as a intern or new hire.

Congratulations. Your hard work paid off.

I suggest you discuss this with the placement office at your school.

In the meantime, buy some conservative clothes, black, navy blue, and gray. Have them fitted by a good tailor. Buy good shoes, business shoes, not nightclubbing shoes.

Maintain a conservative appearance, from head to toes. Keep your hair in proper order, practice good personal hygiene, and your nails (man or woman) and shoes shined.

Law offices of larger firms are conservative, so keep your personal beliefs in your head. Discuss neutral topics, weather, sports, nature, art, and avoid political, religious, or racial discussions.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Do you know anyone who is already a paralegal? You could also talk to them.

My mother's friend was a Paralegal and I'm going to talk to her soon, but I would like to get information from a someone who is currently employed as a Paralegal to get more current information.

Ok - sounds good. Congrats & enjoy your job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back