1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Adverse Possession: URGENT TIME PERIOD TO FILE. I MUST ACT IMMEDIATELY. THANK YOU

Discussion in 'Adverse Possession' started by Richard12, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richard12

Richard12 Law Topic Starter New Member

Would you please tell me what form(S) I must initially file for an Adverse Possession Claim and how long I have to file it after my neighbor hired a surveyor to come out and put property stakes in my lawn? The stakes were put in last Thursday, August 9, 2012. I have maintained, mowed the property for 25 years. I know in Pa one must do so on a continuous basis for 21 years without interruption. I was told I only have a week from the time the stakes were put in. If so, I must act immediately. I really need to know if this is something my wife and I can do ourselves or whether we must have an Attorney? We do not have one! Thank you!Richard

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Consult an attorney about this matter. The initial consultation is often free of charge.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

3. disagreeable

disagreeable Well-Known Member

You can hire another surveyor to confirm or dispute the survey. You do not appear to have an adverse possession claim based on what you say.

http://www.lgc.state.pa.us/deskbook...rty_Issues_03_Title_by_Adverse_Possession.pdf